Southend-on-Sea OSC: Tournament 2022

« Older   Newer »
Donald Crowhurst
view post Posted on 20/9/2022, 14:58 by: Donald Crowhurst

a.k.a. Fabiobertola

Group:
moderatore globale

In an email of November 2007 (15 years...) I wrote to Finger: "I hope you will find someone to play with... but when you will organize a tournament I will try to be one of them, I promise you."
And starting from the very first S-O-S OSC event of 2015 I tried to be present (missed one year). That's because since that meeting at Attivamente 2007 a friendship was born, and Steve is able to keep this faint green light alive in me.

Motivations apart, has been a great event, as usual!
I was a bit concerned about the number of players that entered the competition. 24 chaps storming in Finger house... maybe too many?
But Finger is a man of many talents, and to manage the event at the best dragged in the neighborhood!
So 12 theme pitches (with the new entry The Foggy Valley) have been laid out on four different homes, players going in and out of them.
At lunch, instead of the usual meal prepared by his friend and neighbour Dave (that even so run the breakfast and the dinner cooking), an entire pig was roasted in the garden!
As for the rest the day was full as usual of banter, fun, beer drinking and a lot more, including the already classic melee match (6 vs 6!).

Thank you so much Steve, no other words to say.

Unfortunately no other pictures from me, I'm sure that more will come.

Whats-App-Image-2022-09-20-at-15-42-33

Attached Image: WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 15.43.00

WhatsApp Image 2022-09-20 at 15.43.00

13 replies since 29/5/2022, 14:17   579 views