The Maidenhead (UK) Subbuteo fair and old subbuteo tournament 2011

« Older   Newer »
SantiagoTableSoccer
view post Posted on 15/3/2010, 20:44 by: SantiagoTableSoccer

What a great day it was yesterday, the fair was fantastic and the tournament in the afternoon was even better. I finished 1/4 Cialtrons, which is a good result for me, so i was happy with that.
It was so nice to meet everyone, out Italian friends were great company and we all had a great time. Thanks to Robuteo for the translating and the picture from Reggio Emilia, and to Stefano for the offer of the wine when i come to Italy in May. If i cant bring it home, i will drink it before.
A big thanks must also go to John for organizing this, i will definately be there next year, nothing will keep me away.
A few funny things happenned to me though..
1. I travel 250 miles to meet for the first time someone who lives less than 2 miles from my house, in the next village, what a good surprise, and a crazy thing.
2. I score the best "own goal" in the history of Subbuteo, from the half way line as well. I will leave this to my opponent to tell how funny this was, it is too embarrassing for me to say.
All together this was a fantastic day, so thank you to everyone who attended and made it unmissable.

31 replies since 15/3/2010, 14:45   1987 views