Subbuteo Rugby Mauler!

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 1/9/2007, 19:06

monaco '74 edition

Group:

Scuse per la scrittura in inglese. Temo che Babelfish tradurrebbe troppo male questo! :(

OK - I've invented the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler' (copyright :rolleyes: ) .

After a lineout the side that won the ball can opt to 'Maul' and they signify their intent to do this by saying "Maul!" (I can tell you like this already! :lol: )

This player then places the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler' exactly where the ball ended up, with the ball behind the front middle player ('Hooker'), in the indent in the player's base (see picture 2) NB the ball should be in the same position on the pitch as it was before the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler' was placed on the pitch.

Then the following rules apply:

(i) The attacking player flicks the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler' to advance the attack. If the ball stays on the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler' then they maintain possession.

(ii) If the ball falls off the back or side of the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler' during the attacking 'Mauler-flick', then the attacking side maintain possession and are allowed to move a player (scrum half) into position to pass from the base of the maul.

(iii) If the ball falls off the front of the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler', then the defending side have 'turned the ball over' and can place any player to pass the ball.

(iv) If the ball stays on the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler', then the defending player can flick any figure to disrupt the maul. This figure can hit the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler', any opposition figure or the ball. However, if following the flick, the player ends up more than 2 inches from the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler' then the ball (if dislodged) can be placed back in its original position on the 'Hooker' by the attacking player.

(v) Following this defending flick, both sides can have one positional flick where neither player can make contact with anything on the pitch.

(vi) The attacking player then resumes the attack by flicking the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler', and the sequence of events follows as described in rules (i) to (v) above.

(vii) Once the ball falls of the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler', then the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler' is removed from the field of play. The players that were in the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler' are placed back on the pitch in their 'maul' positions.

I’ve tried this out and it works remarkable well! However I’m sure there will be bound to be all sorts of situations arising that would require a tightening of the rules!

Here’s the 'Subbuteo Rugby Mauler' (copyright :rolleyes:) – it’s made of balsa wood glued to a plastic base that was cut from a broken piece of the green and tan grandstand! :D

1295268387_6eb2f27e92

1295269511_b3291590f5

The defending team are also in white :( (anyone got a spare 'non-white' rugby team with indents in the bases, for sale?)
1296141676_5c2b7547f8

Edited by thefingerismakingmeflick - 14/3/2021, 15:02

mcgallons
view post Posted on 2/9/2007, 18:45

:o:
this is a great idea!
:shifty:
how much does it cost??? :D

view post Posted on 2/9/2007, 19:53

monaco '74 edition

Group:

Balsa wood - 0.10 euro
Plastic - 0.10 euro
Glue - 0.01 euro
Paint - 0.01 euro
Labour - 2,500 euro :rolleyes:

Another idea!! the Subbuteo Rugby Lineout Thrower ® :D

mcgallons
view post Posted on 2/9/2007, 20:18

I'd like to play a rugby match against you, with all the accessories ... great finger!

view post Posted on 2/9/2007, 22:32

monaco '74 edition

Group:

Feel free to pop by the next time you're in the UK! (London not Scotland!).....bring Winston! :lol:

view post Posted on 2/9/2007, 22:43

Ettore

Group:

Yes of course :D :D :D with the "AUTOARTICOLATO"

P.S. I love London :wub: :wub:

view post Posted on 2/9/2007, 23:47

Maurizio

Group:

:seek: :D

mcgallons
view post Posted on 2/9/2007, 23:51

CITAZIONE (thefingerismakingmeflick @ 2/9/2007, 23:32)
Feel free to pop by the next time you're in the UK! (London not Scotland!).....bring Winston! :lol:

London? probably in october... but with mcmiss!
I bring her to Harrods (without credit card ;) ) and I'm free to play! :D

view post Posted on 3/9/2007, 14:42

monaco '74 edition

Group:

The Scots in London! :blink: ...OK, but no breaking of any goalposts! ;)

view post Posted on 8/9/2007, 22:31

monaco '74 edition

Group:

Il tiro più lungo!

view post Posted on 14/3/2021, 15:30

monaco '74 edition

Group:

After over 13 years... an update!! :lol:

See the Friends of Old Subbuteo page for more bespoke Subbuteo Rugby accessories :D

https://friendsofoldsubbuteo.uk/projects/b.../#subbuteorugby

view post Posted on 14/3/2021, 18:40

ʕ•●•ʔ ϭ϶

Orsetto63

OSC_Mestre No_Ze_Un_Zogo

Group:
Administrator

Hi Steve if you want other self made rugby accessories take a look at this discussion:
Mischia-Matic, Per velocizzare il gioco...

Web Contacts  Top
view post Posted on 14/3/2021, 19:55

monaco '74 edition

Group:

Thanks Bruno! :clap:

These are very nice - they would keep my lineouts and scrums under much better control! I can lose control so easily! :lol:

It's great to see the inspirations of the Olds! :B):

view post Posted on 15/3/2021, 18:51

monaco '74 edition

Group:

CITAZIONE (Orsetto63 @ 14/3/2021, 18:40) 
Hi Steve if you want other self made rugby accessories take a look at this discussion:
Mischia-Matic, Per velocizzare il gioco...

Can I put these pics in this section on the friendsofoldsubbuteo website??

20 replies since 1/9/2007, 19:06   1050 views