Corner kickers and throw-in-figures

« Older   Newer »
view post Posted on 5/10/2007, 22:06

monaco '74 edition

Group:

I am aiming to have paint corner kickers and throw-in figures to match all my teams. However I will have trouble making these for the Tampa Bay Rowdies I bought from ricardo! :wacko: :D

Here's a 'mini-me' corner kicker - I use him for taking direct free-kicks! :D

Here he is!!
http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...earch&plindex=0

Don't forget Her Majesty! :D

view post Posted on 5/10/2007, 22:18

monaco '74 edition

Group:
..emerito..

a new kicker for your collection, I will give it to you as a small gift in reggio

view post Posted on 5/10/2007, 22:22

Group:

FATEMELO DEL CELTIC..... PLEASE....

view post Posted on 5/10/2007, 23:19

monaco '74 edition

Group:

QUOTE (..claudio.. @ 5/10/2007, 23:18)
a new kicker for your collection, I will give it to you as a small gift in reggio

view post Posted on 16/10/2021, 14:29

moulded

Group:

hello
i'm new to the forum so i ve just read your post from so many years ago but still so interesting...i've a similar project and i'm already collecting the corner kickers miniatures...if you still read me can you tell us, please, ho do you scratchbuild your purposly customised mini kicker guy for free kicks?..maybe another picture ? there is still on line a video from a very nice event in UK with such a kicker in action but it's too much short to understand how you did it..thanks in advance
in italiano: sono nuovo ma ho appena scoperto questo post molto carino...sempre amato gli "omoni" che battono i corners e vorrei usarli anche per le punizioni..la trasformazione "mini kicker" fatta dal nostro amico (britannico?) è interessante ma si vede poco ..c'è un video on line, girato durante un simpatico evento in GB ma è piuttosto corto..insomma quest'idea geniale se qualcuno o l'autore la condividessero mostrando come hanno modificato la figurina sarebbe fantastico..anche perché mi servirà un "precedente " o "appiglio legale" per "imbrogliare" <_< :) il mio avversario usando questo leviatano che batte le punizioni, le rimesse da fondo campo o i corners..per il quale senz'altro avrà da ridire...grazie mille

view post Posted on 17/10/2021, 21:18

monaco '74 edition

Group:

Wow - 14 years! :shock1:

It's not easy - you need good glue!

If memory serves me right:

Cut off the body of the corner kicker and cut off legs (you are left just with the middle kicking mechanism.

Then glue on the top half of a 00-scale figure to the top.

Then glue 00-scale legs to the bottom.

Then glue one leg to the base.

Then pray hard! :lol:

view post Posted on 17/10/2021, 21:28

monaco '74 edition

Group:

Here is a more recent version (might be clips you were referring to?)

Also, check the section in the page: https://friendsofoldsubbuteo.uk/projects/b...ke-accessories/
Scroll down just a little way...

view post Posted on 18/10/2021, 02:01

moulded

Group:

Thanks so much...really kind to answer to my crazy question after so long time...i have been really fascinated by what you do and the videos you post..a totally new word has been opened..
by the way i've just broken a classic corner kicker mini..so i'm ready to have a try with your interesting kit bashing..what i still do not understand is if you used and substituted upper body and legs from a simple HO subbuteo player or maybe from the goalkeeper (in this case obviously just the legs) or maybe even from a trow in special figure?...futhemore which was, given of course your artist vein, what drove you to design a new accesory/player purposly conceived for free kicks instead of just using what you already have : the classic corner kicker...just cause that figure is out of scale or also because it does'nt work well for free- kicks as it does with corners?...i've tried some few direct shots with the mini but i noticed that the ball has, in fact, a tendecy to rise over the crossbar.
thanks in advance

view post Posted on 23/10/2021, 08:43

monaco '74 edition

Group:

It is always good to take advantage of some accidental breakages - invention is never far away...!

I just used a normal HO player - the challenges was getting the glue to make it robust enough for use. I cant remember what I used...maybe superglue, but maybe plastic glue (or even a mixture?)

The motivation was to create a more realistic figure to use for direct free-kicks, and they also tend to get steeper initial trajectory than the corner kickers, so little chips over the defensive wall are easier.

Good luck with your creations!

8 replies since 5/10/2007, 22:06   455 views